Wednesday, September 18, 2013

2013 Mural Project: Day One


indi go gallery, champaign, illinois-upper level
click to enlarge, refresh to return

indi go gallery, champaign, illinois-lower level
click to enlarge, refresh to return

indi go gallery, champaign, illinois-lower level west
click to enlarge, refresh to return

I am settling in nicely at the gallery. I'm excited about the project now that the prep work is complete and painting is imminent

I am happy with the Exhibit of my Recent Work that went up last night.  

I completed the mural pencil drawing and the glue drawing prior to my arrival at the gallery. I am ready for the under painting-a step that I enjoy very much. It allows me to get acquainted with the painting as I work through and make decisions about the values, shading and overall composition. 

To visitors, it is an unexpected step and they wonder "where is the color anyway?"

But, a very relaxing step for me, a good place to be on day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.