Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Artist Residency: Definition & Dreams

A Fine Day Indeed- Copyright Kim Kissinger Marino

The truth be told I am only assuming what my art residency in Peoria, Illinois will be like.

I had the opportunity to see the beautiful studio spaces recently when my daughter and I were in the area visiting a college. So I know the layout.

But what I don't know is how I will work in this environment?

How will my art change? or will it?

Definition:
Artist Residency: Time away from day to day life to live the life of a full time, unencumbered artist (maybe that is the dream part?)

There are many varieties of residencies. In the upcoming weeks I will post a list of residency sites.

If you know of one, please post a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.