Friday, September 28, 2012

Creative Thinking-Finding the Switch

Red Cartoon -copyright Kim Kissinger Marino 2012


Over the years one of my biggest challenges as an artist is not the physical execution of the work, but developing the ability to switch gears from my work-a-day world thinking to creative thinking. 

Day to day I am on the go, running projects in many diverse areas.  
NOTE: I wear my badge of "over-busy" proudly.

But in my art I strive to concentrate on one thing-
no multitasking, 
no multi-managing, 
no multi-overthinking. 

This is challenging for me. 

I find myself thinking about those pesky bills and our business and car maintenance and dog grooming and dental appointments and, and, and...like all of us the list goes on.

During this upcoming residency I am looking for my "Off" switch. 

Or maybe it is my Creative "On" switch. 

I will be posting more on this in the upcoming weeks.

Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.