Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Being an Artist

Blankness 


There are times when I am stuck-solid.

The past few days have been like that.

The more I thought, the less I knew.

The more I pushed the less I moved.

A wise person told me that if you just stretch out on your bed and don't get up until you have made a decision about your problem, then you can move forward.

Even though I did not physically do the exercise, I mentally did. That is, I thought about my creative blankness from that point of view and it worked!

I made a decision that allowed me to move forward.

The goal is to always move the work forward, deciding how is the hard part.


2 comments:

  1. "The importance of doing nothing in the studio is not to be understated." -- Shaun McNiff, "Trust the Process: An Artist's Guide to Letting Go"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment.