Friday, October 5, 2012

Busyness Withdrawl

Definition for busyness:


the state of being or appearing to be actively engaged in an activity;
 "they manifested all the busyness of a pack of beavers"...
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn


I find myself here on my 5th day of the residency pondering the state of my busyness or current lack of busyness. I've always been a high producing individual. One that survives on lists, targets, goals and other needed tools in life. I'm the go-to-girl for completion.

So here I am, finding myself, well, not so busy.

I'm working hard on my art, yes, but something is happening. I can actually have two consecutive thoughts on one subject without being interrupted....I can actually "think" about art for as long as I want!

But in the back of my mind is the pesky thought, that there is something I need to be doing, you know something on a list, except that the only list I have is the name of artists I want to research while I am here.

Oh! Yesterday I did have an art supply list, but I don't think that actually counts. It was not a detailed "to-do" list with indents for subtopics and boxes to check off when the task was complete. (Sorry to say this is true). It was just a list on a scrap of paper, maybe even the back of a receipt. Hummm. 

Possibly in a few days the guilt of unbusyness will subside and I can really relax into this new state. Until then I'll keep thinking there must be something I forgot to do...maybe it will come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.