Sunday, October 7, 2012

To Those Who Love Artists


We all know the feeling of having someone believe in you-that rush of excitement that ignites your passion to do more, to be more.

This unbridled belief can come from almost anyone who loves you as an artist. The feeling is the same even if you are only 2 years old.

As an adult artist I think that acknowledgement is good, of course and it gives me an opportunity to push myself a little more.  I am humbled and grateful. Inside though that little artist in me is so delighted that someone, somewhere, understands who I am.

Of course I don't create work for acknowledgement, but I do strive for understanding.

This year I've been very privileged to be in the company of those that love me as an artist or acknowledge my work. My husband and daughter without a doubt are my best tireless supporters. They see me with all my quirks and oddities and love me possibly more because of them.

But, I've also experienced so much support from those who came to see my work, Larry & Mary - the gallery owners who guide me along this road, everyone who mentors me artistically and spiritually especially those who awarded me this opportunity to do my work uninterrupted.

Having time to reflect, makes me realize what an amazing year it has been.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.