Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 25

It is hard for me to believe that there are only 6 days left in my residency. I am currently in heavy production mode. It feels good to be painting strong and steady.

I like both studio stages of making art: the thinking/conceptualizing stage and the production. I find satisfaction in both. If I "do my time" on the planning stage the production of course goes much easier.

But, I also enjoy skipping the first part completely and jumping in the deep end of production without a plan to see what will happen.

Tomorrow we are going on a Field Trip...Home for me!

We are going to visit The Krannert Art Museum and Kinkead Pavilion at the University of Illinois in Champaign, Illinois. There are several exciting exhibits including an installation I am very anxious to see called:

Fields of Indigo: Installation by Rowland Ricketts with Sound by Norbert Herber

We are very fortunate in Champaign-Urbana to have such a wonderful facility. I am looking forward to sharing it with my fellow artists.

Here is a new video from the College of Fine and Applied Arts at the University of Illinois-Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.